Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Storm Coming In - January 31, 2007


The forecast is for yet more snow. We are supposed to get another couple of inches today and tomorrow and seven to ten more inches Friday. I'm afraid the storm tomorrow may cancel some events like the two basketball games I am supposed to shoot for Friday night. We are also supposed to get high winds so there is a "snow and blowing snow" weather advisory and people are advised to stay home and out of the weather tonight and tomorrow night.

But for right now, it's peaceful. The snow flurries add to the ambiance and I find myself back at one of my favorite places. The red walls will be covered if there is as much blowing snow as they predict. I'd love to see it then, but I won't be able to return until Sunday at the earliest.

Hope all of you are staying happy and warm, and that all your dreams for this new year are coming true. One month is already over. Let's see what the next one will bring :)

4 comments:

talj said...

Hope the weather doesn't get too bad for you and you do as the weather people tell you!! :o) The snow looks lovely to me but for you I am sure you are fed up of it! :o)

Elaine said...

What a pretty spot. Seems like there has been a lot more snow than normal this year. We were having flurries this morning, maybe more later and an arctic blast is on the way. I am so ready for spring.

Karen said...

I love the contrast of the red rocks and the snow.

Unknown said...

This wather is giving you hard time. I thought such rocks are only in very hot places. Looks quite unusual to me.