Saturday, January 13, 2007

Snow for Talj - January 13, 2007

The cliffs at Sand Gulch. Rock climbers gather here to scale these walls during nice weather.

Pinon trees and cedars covered in snow.

We started losing the light on the way down from the hike but were rewarded with a lavender sunset.

I thought I'd post some "pretty snow" pictures for Talj - since she's missing snow. We got some sunshine today, so my husband and I took the dogs for a run. We went to Sand Gulch, which is a couple of miles from our house, and hiked the trail down to the creek bed and up to the other rim -- well my husband did. I stopped a little short of the other rim because it got so steep I was sliding a bit. The puppies had a great time plowing through the new snow. I hope you like these :)

4 comments:

Erik said...

I especially like the last one.

Curves like that can really lead your eye through a picture.

talj said...

Thank you so much for the lovely images!!! They are beautiful and the third one is stunning!!! I wish I was there!! :o)

Unknown said...

I also like the last one the most. The leading lines are inviting to take a walk.

Karen said...

Beautiful photos, love the 1st one!