Monday, January 15, 2007

Red - January 15, 2007


The snow has stopped, but it is very, very cold today. It was below zero (f) last night and the wind is blowing this morning, so the snow is drifting. It's too cold to be outside for very long and it is a holiday (Martin Luther King's birthday) so we are home from work. We have a big pot of soup cooking in the crock pot, and our intent is to cozy in today and just stay warm and comfy. The dogs would love to go for a walk, but they don't want to stay outside very long either.

I was looking for something bright and cheery to shoot today, and decided to try the poinsettia my daughter gave me at Thanksgiving. It is still bright red. I tried a number of different angles and some different lighting. I'm still not quite satisfied with this, but it IS bright!!

Tomorrow it's back to work. And basketball tomorrow evening. I'm leaving the polarizer at home!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are right to stay at home at this weather. Here is very sunny recently. I don't know what kind of lighting did you use here, but the flower looks like velvet :)

talj said...

Nice lighting only thing I find slightly distracting is the top left hand corner. Not sure if more of the leaves in that corner would work butter? Just my humble opinion :o)

Karen said...

Very nice and bright. Staying home warm and cozy sounds good!

Unknown said...

Your poinsettia looks fresh for a Thanksgiving flower. It would be dead if I had it.

Pretty cheery colors.. thanks :)