Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Sheep - January 2, 2007


This one is getting posted a little late today. This is Sheep. She started out to be a 4-H project some 10 years ago, but my daughter was so upset about selling her in the livestock sale, that we bought her back as a "buy-back". The plan at the time was to breed her and raise some lambs; however, that never happened. She has been the official weed-eater on our place for years and years. She grows amazing wool which we shear occasionally. Other than that, she is an old, old sheep with a tremendous ration of attitude. In this shot, she is complaining about not getting her hay soon enough to suit her. Actually, she complains about almost everything. In spite of that, I find her company comforting and I enjoy her little quirky behaviors.

I guess I've just grown accustomed to her face.

6 comments:

talj said...

Nice composition and great expression on the sheeps face! :o)

Blueline said...

Great photo. I love the sheep sticking it's tongue out. I have seen camels do similar things. Composition is great. Good job and good luck with your PAD>

tooohip said...

baaahaaaa.... He has no eyes man, no eyesssssssssssssss ;-)

Karen said...

How cute!

Unknown said...

This ship is a bit of an animal :) I had a dog once that ruled the house. The wool is incredible.

Jen P. said...

Hilarious! I love the story and that face. :)