Monday, January 01, 2007

The Snow is Better On the Other Side of the Fence - December 31, 2006


My 6 month old puppy, Chaco, is exploring the universe (like all babies) with her mouth. She absolutely loves the snow. Our recent snowfall was a fairly heavy wet snow which left everything covered in white. Chaco made it her job to clear the fences and eat the snow in the process. She's fairly desperate for a job. Chaco's mother is a Great Pyrenese who runs with a herd as a livestock protection dog. Her father is a question mark. Her mother was bred to a Newfoundland. Chaco has the size and some characteristics of a Newfy/Pyr cross, but her color?? She almost looks like a giant red fox with drop ears. I suspect there was a fast-talking stranger in the mix somewhere.

This is the last post of 2006. I'm making plans for 2007 and will try to map out a theme for each month's efforts. I want to learn a lot of new techniques and to become more proficient in photoshop. I still feel like I'm fumbling around and have barely learned the basics.

5 comments:

admin said...

Chaco sure looks like a sweetie :) (but then I am a dog nut as well as a photonut)

L2 said...

Brr! Looks cold where you are. :)

Unknown said...

I had the same impression like L2 :) Especially looking at her mouth full of snow brrr...
BTW - beautiful dog!

Unknown said...

LOL Chaco is doing a great job of eating the snow on the fence :)

Best of luck on your 2007 PAD.

J said...

It is cute the way her mouth is around the snow... I love the little story with the photo too :)