Monday, January 22, 2007

Birds - January 22, 2007



We have a big pack porch that extends across the entire length of our house. It has large screened in windows which we usually cover with plastic in the winter to conserve energy. This year we didn't manage to accomplish that task, and we find that all sorts of birds are finding their way into the porch. They seem to hop in through the "doggy door" and then fly around trying to find a way out. Chaco thinks they are some sort of amazing toy, so I have to monitor her constantly. We go out every morning and open doors to help the birds find their way out. I liked the way this one's feathers looked backlit by the sunshine. The second one was a cheeky little sparrow who chattered at me while I was trying to usher him through the door.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the first photo. The backlighting works really well. I would just cropped it differently. maybe more tight? You have a lot of fun with the birds I believe. Or should I say a lot of headache?

talj said...

I agree with the Rennie the first photo is fantastic!! I love the negative space and the position of the bird :o)