Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Boys Basketball - January 23, 2007

It was a fast-paced, very physical game tonight.


I wish I had been able to get the ball in this picture too. It would have been a much more effective picture. They really are able to "get some air".

The main problem with this picture is that the guy in the air, about to make a basket, is from the opposing team.


Tonight I covered a boys basketball game for the newspaper at a high school near here. It was a real heart-breaker. The home team lost in the last 6 seconds of the game. Basketball is difficult to photograph because it is so fast, and most high school gyms are not so brightly lit. I don't like to use a really bright flash because I am always afraid of temporary blinding the young athlete during a game. It was an exciting game. I'm shooting sports at both high schools for the rest of the week, so hope you enjoy :)

No comments: