Friday, January 26, 2007

Basketball - January 26, 2007

Trying to get past the defender.




It was an amazing basketball game tonight. It was back and forth and back and forth and the local team finally won in overtime. They were ecstatic as they had back-to-back wins and they fought so hard! I had to scramble to get the pictures into the newspaper as I had only an hour to download the cards, pick the pictures and get them e-mailed into the editor. Not much time to clean them up or photoshop. I still am having issues with figuring out how the play is going to go and where to anticipate the shot. So I shoot a lot and know that i will "probably" get something useful from sheer volume. Not the best way to do things, I know.

3 comments:

davidsmeaton said...

some nice b-ball shots ... the players look really serious! :)

Unknown said...

The second one is the best. Pure action. I think I wouldn't have the patience to go everyday for a game to make a photo :)

thelobster said...

Great pictures - we don't do basketball much over here so it's intersting to see how much interest there is.