Saturday, December 30, 2006

Red Canyon Snowstorm



It snowed all day yesterday, giant clumpy snowflakes that looked like feathers falling out of the sky. Even though I'm officially on vacation, I had to go into one of the facilities to participate in a fact-finding meeting. The wind wasn't blowing but the snow was accumulating rapidly. I barely made it up the hill from Arrowhead to the main road out of the complex. When I got home the power started fritzing - going off periodically for a minute or longer. I shut down the computer so I wouldn't lose any pictures. We had ten or more outages during the evening, so I never did get to upload a posting yesterday.


Today, the snow continued, although the flakes were much smaller. We decided to go for a walk in Red Canyon Park, a couple of miles north of my home. The roads into the park had not been plowed, but my husband decided we could make it through anyway and we did, of course. Red Canyon is a beautiful place any time of year but especially in the snow. We have had a foot or so, so far, with more expected tonight. The clouds were hanging very low today, so it was one of those leaden skies, snowy days that was not too cold and windy - perfect for walking in the snow. I took a couple of hundred pictures, but will only post a couple here and some more on various stock sites.


2 comments:

admin said...

Colorado - I must get my buns and camera out there! Wonderful images!

Karen said...

Love the contrast between the white snow and red rocks.