Wednesday, February 14, 2007

News - February 14, 2007


Well, this has been a day of good news and bad news. The bad news is that I got myself to the doctor's office today and found out that my "bug" has gone into pneumonia. I'm started on an antibiotic, but I'll probably be home for the rest of the week. I think of how much work is going to be piling up before I get back and it's scary, but I guess there's no way around it.

The good news is that my youngest daughter's boyfriend gave her a diamond ring and an "on his knees" proposal for Valentine's Day and she said "yes". She sounded so happy when she called us and I am so happy for her.

The picture I'm posting today is of her when she was a baby. She has always called this one "Daddy's little girl."

7 comments:

talj said...

Oh wonderful, wonderful news about your daughter and her boyfriend, congratulations!!

But, commiserations on the pneumonia!!!! I hope that the antibiotics kick in quickly and that you recover soon! (((BUG HUGS))) xx

Unknown said...

Ack! Hope you recover soon. As your mom would probably have told you...rest, drink lots of liquids and take ALL your antibiotic even after you feel better :)

What wonderful news for your daughter and how romantic.. on his knees on Valentines day :)

The photo is precious :)

puzzled p said...

I'm a couple of days late visiting your PaD, and I hope that by now you're feeling much better.

Congratulations on getting a son-in-law soon! I love this blast from the past photo!!

Unknown said...

A real daddy's girl :) And how happy she looks. Great memories for sure. Probably hard to imagine for you how fast she grew.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

I am sorry I havent visited for a few days, love all of your images but am so sad that you are so ill. I know the feeling and pneumonia is not nice, I have had it, so bundle up, stay inside and take your meds and lastly GET BETTER.

So glad to hear about your daughter's engagement, congrats from me.

Thanks for all your support and comments during my dilemma too.
(((HUGS))))))))

Lori

RUTH said...

Just popped by to say thank you for your comment and helping to swell the numbers. I am so sorry to hear how unwell you are....I hope that the road to recovery will not be too arduous. Lovely news about your daughter. You have a lovely blog;
Rx

thelobster said...

Sorry to read that you are ill - and since you haven't updated I assume you're quite poorly. hope you'll be back with us soon - I really enjoy your blog. PS The wrestling photos with the trainer are just great - fantastic emotion.