Thursday, February 08, 2007

Foggy Day - February 8, 2007



First, I must apologize for the lateness of this post. I've had some sort of little bug that has wrought havoc with my system. Was off work all day today and fear that if I cough any harder, my head will fall off and roll down the hallway....

The day started with a beautiful sunrise, but none of the promised "icy fog". However, by the time I was ready to start off on my trip to Colorado Springs, the fog (albeit not "icy") had descended. This is what it looked like. Not much to see on the way to my appointment. It cleared about the time I got to the Springs (they are a bit higher in altitude), and actually I had good news from my appointment and don't have to go back for six months, but the cough was really wearing on me so I went back home and stayed in bed all day -- highly unusual behavior for me. I'm drinking lots of hot tea and taking my Zycam, so am hoping to get over this quickly. I have to work tomorrow and then drive to Pueblo for the wrestling regionals and send pictures off to the newspaper before midnight. The tournament goes all day Saturday too, and I can't let those guys down, so I have to get it together here, and get better.

3 comments:

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Wow beautiful sunrise, but yuk for the fog, it is no fun driving in that. Hope you are feeling better soon. Lots of flu going around at the moment.

Lori

talj said...

I really hope you feel much better soon! (((HUGS))) Your sunrise photo is just beautiful, stunning colours! :o)

Unknown said...

The sunrise is so dark and rich in red and orange light, that it almost look like a sunset. Beautiful picture. The icy fogg looks a bit scary.